Our licensed foreign pilots can follow a straightforward step process to complete the conversion of their ICAO pilot license and obtain an FAA certificate.
Here are the requirements you must take into consideration when converting an ICAO pilot license to an FAA pilot certificate:
- Obtain a letter of authenticity/verification letter from the FAA validating your ICAO pilot license *
- Obtain TSA approval prior to training
- Complete an Airline Transport Pilot Certificate Training Program (ATP/CTP)
- Pass the ATP written knowledge test (once you have completed your ATP/CTP)
- Enroll in and complete a type rating program
For more detailed instructions, click here to visit the FAA website.
Remember, Pan Am Flight Academy’s staff can help answer all your questions.
Contact Pan Am Today!
*The Airmen Certification Branch, AFS‐760 must have the Civil Aviation Authority (CAA) verify the validity and currency of the foreign license and medical certificate or endorsement before you apply for an FAA certificate or authorization. The processing of the Verification of Authenticity of Foreign License, Rating, and Medical Certification form takes up to 45 to 90 days to complete.